Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cat's Pajamas.

I am finally at the point where I can think about getting another kitty for the family. I really don't think I'm rushing into this, and at least Jaysen and myself miss having a cat around.

I've decided that a Ragdoll cat would be a good fit for our family. Plus, I've always wanted one. They're sweet, stocky, have a lot of fur-but are minimal shedders, love attention, and are generally big cuddlers. Jaysen had a bond with Gacy. He liked to pick him up and nuzzle his face into Gacy's fur (I think it was a form of sensory seeking behavior, but it was also very cute). Jaysen needs a hands-on cat, and a Ragdoll seems to fit the bill nicely.

Ragdolls are pretty expensive...way out of my budget, but I'm researching Ragdoll Rescues and people who are selling their retired breeders.

These are the two in the running so far...




This beautiful boy is Ganga. He is currently at a Rescue, waiting for adoption. I have filled out the application, and am awaiting a response. His adoption fee is $125. That's about the usual adoption fee.

His profile says he has special needs, but it doesn't state what those needs are. I'm also inquiring about that. Hey, maybe he and Jaysen can get a discount on group therapies! :)







The cutie to the right is Ragman. He is at a private home, but needs a permanent one. He is 10 months old. He has blue eyes, but the reflection from the camera gives him those eerie glowy-kitty eyes.

Ragman looks a lot like my late Elmo. I don't know if that's good or bad. He seems very sweet though. His adoption fee is currently $250. His owner came down $100 for me already, but I'm going to see if she can come down just a bit more.

Either way, I think both kitties are gorgeous, and would make lovely additions to our family.

No comments: