Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Sorry Champion


Jaysen is addicted to the game Sorry. It's actually really cool. He and Companion went to the store to pick up something, and amongst the squirt guns and other various colorful mom-I-really-really-need-this toys, he spotted the Sorry board game. Companion purchased it.

For the past couple of nights, Jaysen's asked if we would like to play Sorry with him. Sure! Last night, it was a great game. In the beginning, we played with adapted rules to keep Jaysen's frustration at bay. Last night, it turned into a no holds barred game. And he liked it. Whenever he was "Sorried" and sent back to Start, he was cool with it. He didn't get angry, didn't throw pieces all over the floor, and didn't end the game prematurely.

And the best part? He won. Fair and square, he was the Sorry Champion. He also sat there, and made me and Companion duke it out for second place. When Companion was declared the "second winner", Jaysen instructed me to finish the game myself. Once I finally got my last measly piece Home, he cheered and told me I did a good job.

Now if I could just get him to do his homework...
Love that kid.

No comments: