Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Autlang?

I don't know why, but I have this sickening feeling in my stomach.

I am all for culture diversity and such, but I just feel this is not right. I'm not saying it's flat-out wrong, but it's just not right. Why am I spending thousands of dollars on Speech therapy, to learn that my son is a part of a culture, with it's own language (possibly more on that topic, later)?

Why would I confuse him by teaching him autlang, which is supposedly the upcoming language of his culture, when he has difficulty with the command of the English language?

Communication is a key element in human connection. There are all forms of communication. Communication is supposed to connect people. Not segregate them. Just my opinion- I don't like it.

http://www.autisticculture.com/autlang/

In case the link didn't work, this is copied and pasted from the site. And it goes on and on... Check it out- I'm curious to hear other's opinions-

autlang is the autism language that is being created by people on the spectrum in order to ease communication, to continue establishing our autistic culture, and so that we collectively have a language that is very simple, quick to type and text, and east to use for autistics who use facilitated communication. autlang uses no capital letters, has no word for 'the' or 'a', has very simple rules, is logical, and should be easy to learn for children and adults with autism.

English=autlang
I=ji
You=ra
He=te
She=qa
They=rew
We=fe
All (people)=fej
Welcome=zaru
We welcome you=fe zaru ra
English=autlang
I learned Autlang=ji tud autlang
I speak Autlang=ji la autlang
Hello=sen
Bye=de
And=en
Possessive=onuz
Me=jin
Your=ran
His=ten
Hers=qan
Theirs=rewn
Ours=fen

Sit = em
Thanks = ve
Future Tense Add An 'l' to the end of the Verb
Past Tense Add an 'D' to the end of the verb
-ing tense Add an 'n' to the end of the verb
Negative tense Add an 'E' befor the Verb

Questions:
To make your sentence into a question add 'Ki' at the end. Other wise the sentence would become a statement.
What = et
Where = ar
Who = ot
Why = ix
When = ep
How = op
Qa La Autlang. = she speaks Autlang.
Qa La Autlang ki. = She speaks Autlang?
plurals Add a 'Z' to the end of the word.
I sang/I have sung = ji sad
We thank you = fe ve ra
We thanked you = fe ved ra
I am not sitting = ji emen
You are not singing = ra esan
You are singing = ra san
You sing = ra sa
I am sitting and singing = ji men en san
I like dogs = ji re ikz
I like cats = ji re akz

Verbs:
Like = re
Do = zo
Learn = tu
Eat = be
Drink = de
Wash = mu
Play = bi
Type = fa
Write = do
Sleep = we
Cook = ke
Clean = ga
Drive = to
Talk = da
Paint = wo
Speak = la
Sing = sa
Sit = me
Stand = mu
Ask = qe
Go = wa
Stay = yu
Do you speak autlang? = ra la autlang ki

Colors:
Red = ve
Blue = do
Purple = vedo
Blue-purple = dovedo
Yellow = ku
Green = kudo
Orange = kuve
White = vo
Black = ny
Grey = vony
Light blue = vodo
Dark blue = nydo

Numbers = nonz
0: qo
1: ye
2: co
3: za
4: po
5: gu
6: ba
7: ke
8: fa
9: na
10: qox
11: yex
12: cox
13: zax
14: pox
15: gux
25: guc
35: guz
45: gut
55: gug
65: gub
75: guk
85: guf
95: gun
100: wax
101: wax-ye
102: wax-co
112: wax-cox
113: wax-zax
200: cowax
300: zawax
1000: waxy
1001: waxy-ye

No comments: