Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Big brothers are the best.

Since I don't actually have a big brother, I just have to assume that big brothers are the best, from watching my own heathens.
However, I am a big sister, and also am the best- so it totally must be true.

Case in point:
Me: C'mon Rylan, take your medicine.
Ry: No fankyu. I don' like medicine.
Me: I know, but it will help you feel better.
Ry: I said NO! I do not love medicine!
Me: Ry... here ya go. *big cheesy encouraging smile* Drink it up!
Ry: I DO NOT love medicine!
Me: ...I'll give you a Tootsie Roll?
Ry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Me: *No Tootsie Roll? Shit, now what do I do???*

Me: Jaysen! Come here and see if you can get your brother to take this medicine.

Jaysen: Here Rylan, take your medicine...
Ry: Okay. *takes medicine*

*sigh*

Although last night, Jaysen goaded Rylan into taking his medicine by first making the med cup into a puppet and saying "Hi Rylan! I want to be in your body!" and when that didn't work, resorted to, "If you don't take your medicine, a big scary monster will come and eat you".

Nice.

3 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Hey, he drank it! That's awesome! Monsters or no, it's progress, congrats!

Ashley's Mom said...

Big brothers ARE the best!