Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lookout Bruce Lee!

Jaysen's pretty far behind when it comes to social interests. Sure, he's social in the friendly sort of way, but his interests are still very immature. The words "age appropriate" make me cringe. Needless to say, I am thrilled anytime he exhibits even the most remote spark of interest in anything superhero-ish, sporty-ish, or just rough-housing-ness. Last night, he developed a moment of intense interest for karate.

So.

Here's my son showing off his interpretive dance- I mean karate -moves.
In his Batman skivvies.


It's a 2 minute video, but you have to at least see the end- where he asks me to put his "moves" on a video, so he can show his friends his karate. In his Batman undies. Um, RLY? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Actually, it's more clothes than he usually wears at home, so he probably felt mighty dressed.

Rock on my little ninja! Keep working on those moves and momma will get you some cool nunchucks. Or maybe a tutu.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love watching Jaysen, and LOVE your captioning, and LOVE! your narration to his moves. Where did you get 'flying watusi'? You know I'm a fan of movement!
Barbara

AmberLV said...

LOL, your blog is the funniest! I was rolling at how you encouraged him! Classic!... and an extra ! just for extra emphasis.

mama edge said...

Mr. Miyagi had nothin' on you, Ms. Thing.

My son Rocky is similarly clueless about modesty. The other day he asked me what I'd do if he refused to do his homework. I said I'd take a picture of him (he was naked at the time, as he often is these days) and post it on-line.

He said... "And?"

Anonymous said...

"Interpretive dance" - lol!

Nigel, at almost 14, still loves to show me his "moves."

Jodi said...

That boy has some MOVES

Ashley's Mom said...

I see a black belt in his future!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, he's HIGHlarious!!! Put his "moves" on video, huh? HAHAHAHAHA!!! So my kid isn't the only one who thinks that "dressing warmly" means undies as opposed to skivvies, huh? Who knew...

Scottie said...

Billy Jack would be jealous of those moves !!

Anonymous said...

Love it! That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

That's insanely hilarious. I think I used to do the same thing after watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle movies.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Is he in 2nd now?