Thursday, August 23, 2012

Phuck Big Pharma

And insurance companies, while we're at it.

Jaysen got booted from the SSI program and as a result, lost his Medicaid coverage. Which puts him on my insurance. Not a huge deal, aside from the increase in amount coming out of my check every month.

Oh wait, his Abilify isn't covered under my insurance?
You have this coupon for this time...okay, what about next month?
I have to pay out of pocket?
How much does it cost? I see...between $500 and $2000 for a 30 day suppply. Are you effin' kidding me?
Well that friggin sucks.

At least that's how I wanted it to go in my head.
What really happened is I lost it and started uncontrollably crying.
Because it's not fair.
And I'm overwhelmed.
I hate that Jaysen is on meds at all, and now they want to mess around with them?
I can't afford to pay out of pocket for this.

The psychiatrist explained that we may need to "step" it. Where we have to trial different meds and as they "don't work", we move to a different one, until he gets to the Abilify level. I don't like the idea of taking him off of a med that is working, to put him on something else as a "trial", then when that fails, put him on another "trial", and so on and so forth, until we get led right back to where we are now. Screwing with my kid's chemical balance isn't okay with me.

I have 30 days to figure this out. How to get him back on Medicaid, or how to be able to afford this script.

There is something so broken with this system...


No comments: