Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A little mazel for the tov.

I'd been wanting to post on a bunch of stuff, but time is just so limited around here.


Jaysen had a playdate!


And he totally didn't even initiate it! This kid called me! And said he wanted to come over! To play with Jaysen! I know! Jaysen! The kid who never gets invited over to play, or to birthday parties, or really anything else. And yes- I bawled like a baby.


It was really awesome.
And now I also know where he gets the phrase "suck my butt" from.
I am absolved, once again.

Another piece of The Awesome?


I have a mentor coming over once a week.
He's from the center Jaysen goes for do-it-yourself OT.
His name is Avi.
He's the shiz.


The last mentor I tried to have, Jaysen did not like. He kept writing her notes like "Megen, go home". I felt bad because this girl was super sweet, and had the fortitude of a Jehova's Witness. I don't know if he just wasn't ready, or what, but it's working now.


And Avi's favorite color is orange. Just like Jaysen's.
I know! Lurve.
So Avi comes over once a week for an hour, and pretty much follows my kid around, doing whatever it is Jaysen wants to do. Someone to play Mario with? Heaven.
And Jaysen really seems to enjoy Avi's company.
Once they get used to each other, Avi's role will (hopefully) be more to guide Jaysen in learning how to cope with daily stresses, like homework or losing your "guy" to a pesky piranha plant.


But for now? It's all good.


And? And?? And???
Ever since Momzilla took on the transportation department, and Jaysen's been getting to school on time- there has not been one "incident" with physical aggression. Not one!

*whew*
I'm tired.

8 comments:

mommy~dearest said...

Ohmigawd- do you even know how long I spent trying to fix the pea-pickin spacing on this? Argh!

mama edge said...

Mazel Tov, shana madele! Avi sounds dreamy.

mommy~dearest said...

He's like fourteen! Hahahaaaa...

Corrie Howe said...

Yeah to the play date! Yeah to Avi! Sounds like things are looking up as you head into the season.

Anonymous said...

Yippee! A playdate! That's definitely worth bawling like a baby over.

C cracks me up with the piranha - he pronounces it "pre-anta," no matter how much I correct. I keep trying to tell him that it's a fish, but he keeps insisting that it's a Nintendo-created creature. Sigh. Someday he might believe that I actually do know something...lol!

mommy~dearest said...

Haha! Good luck with that!

Marla said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wait, Jasen lost his "guy" to a piranha plant? Is that a metaphor?