Monday, February 18, 2008

A bit of news.

I just received a phone call from the compliance Officer of the ISD. She wanted some details of the issues surrounding Jaysen at school, and we set up an appointment to discuss them for this Friday.

Which, by the way, also happens to be my birthday...

Anyway, the Compliance Officer noted that I have some complaints (legitimate legal and procedural violations), and some concerns (Jaysen's treatment and environment). She wanted to make me aware that we would be discussing the actual complaints. I told her I was aware of that, and I included the concerns for more of a background.

Hopefully, this is the first real step to get things going.

My father was talking to a teacher in another school district- apparently, although our district has a phenominal school system, they're notorious for having craptastic special education services. Getting services from our district is like getting Ex to pay child support. And trust me, there's a better chance of me becoming a nun.

That said, I guess I've been doing pretty well considering Jaysen does have services, they're just the wrong ones. Hey- at least if they're there, they can be tweaked until they're correct.

This teacher-lady also told my dad of the surrounding districts that are worth a shit. I at least have a starting point to researching a more supportive environment for Jaysen.

All that aside, I've been having issues with Blogger (at least I think it's Blogger). For some reason, I have been unable to post comments on other blogs. Sometimes it will work, but for the most part, the comments keep getting bounced back to me. I am computer illiterate, so this is driving me batshit crazy, as I do not know what the problem is.

*smooches*

9 comments:

Marla said...

Good luck!

I am having some problems with Blogger with spell check, posting pictures...but no problems commenting.

Ashley's Mom said...

I'm also have problems posting comments.

Jodi said...

Blogger must be having tons of difficulties. My spell-check is not working. I also no longer receive comments to my blog in my email. I have to check my blog to read them.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Good luck with the meeting!

Casdok said...

I sincerly hope you have some good news on your birthday.
Yes i have had some problems with comments to, so its not just you!!

Anonymous said...

I really hope it's a 'happy birthday' in every sense!
Best of luck with it all, we'll be thinking of you. xx

Sabrina said...

I hope it goes well! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Craptastic! I love that word! It describes an awful lot about special ed! Can I borrow it? Please? Please?

babs

A Bishops Wife said...

I have been having problems with the "spell check" it does not work and believe me I need it.

I hope you have a happy birthday. You deserve it.