Thursday, May 20, 2010

Persistance really does pay off.

Four years!
It took four years, but LOOK what I found in Jaysen's lunch box!...




Peeps. Are you able to comprehend the magnitude of this feat?!?
My child...my food-issue child...actually ATE an apple.
By his own free will.
I know!
Take a minute to catch your breath because yesterday, there was THIS...



I know!
And just when you thought it couldn't get any better...
Today!...



Alright, so he didn't do as good of a job on today's, but still.
This is huge.
Jaysen, I am so proud of you!

As far as the rest of that apple...
Enter the clean up crew.

Bon appetit!

9 comments:

kathleen said...

I understand the magnitude of this! How wonderful...and it was eaten with skin on it! What is your secret? :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I get how amazing this is. And I had to laugh, because only someone with a food challenged child would ever think to post a picture of a chewed up apple. Most beautiful picture I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I get how amazing this is. And I had to laugh, because only someone with a food challenged child would ever think to post a picture of a chewed up apple. Most beautiful picture I've ever seen!

Casdok said...

Wow! Just wow!

Niksmom said...

YEAH!!!! This is a wonderful, nay...MAGICAL sight to behold! I'm kvelling right along with ya!

LAA and Family said...

Terrific! I saw your post a while back about him eating freeze-dried fruit too, that's great!

Ashley's Mom said...

That's awesome!! I agree with ASD Mommy, we parents of food challenged children can get really excited over things like a bite from an apple!

Joeymom said...

Holy cow! He actually bit into it like that? That is so huge! Go Jaysen!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is big and worthy of a mother's pride!

Barbara