Sunday, September 21, 2008

I found a million dollars!

Okay, so I didn't.
But what I did find is the ultimate epitome of awesomeness.

What I found- is better than money. Better than gold. Better than jewels. Better than sex.
It's even better than Ezra.

I found...(potential) babysitters.

I know! I am so excited!
I say (potential) because I haven't done any formal interviewing yet, but still- this is huge!
I have never had one-a dem before, and Jaysen will be seven next month (my mother is a saint in that department).

And actually, it was Jaysen who found them! There were two neighborhood kids just passing by, and Jaysen McSocialpants decided to strike up a conversation to the best of his ability. They thought he was adorable (well duh), and we bonded from there.

They're sisters, and they have a cousin, or a cousin's friend, or a friend's cousin... who has Autism, so they're not spooked by that, and they just seem so sweet. They gave me their numbers and said to call whenever I wanted to get to know them better. How cool is that- not "call me for a job", but "call me to get to know me better". Color me impressed already.

Real, live (potential) babysitters!
I am so geeked.
Keep your fingers crossed.

9 comments:

Tina Szymczak said...

Oh I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all works out for you AND for Jaysen.

mama edge said...

Jaysen shoots and he scores!

So, whatcha gonna do when the sitters let you out of the house?

Anonymous said...

Great! We have always been lucky to find great high school kids to babysit. I love sitters that can drive and take M out on the town.

Hope it goes well and you can have some you time!

Casdok said...

Wow! That is excellent!!

Ashley's Mom said...

That is so exciting! You'll have to tell us how the 'getting to know us better' goes.

I have a really, really tough time finding anyone because they need to know sign language.

Jessica said...

Wooohooo for you! And a huge WOOHOO for Jaysen for striking up the conversation.
It's really tough finding sitters here. Most of the kids in the neighborhood have extracurricular activities and aren't always available. Family has been nonexistent since the diagnosis, so we don't go out nearly at all.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the happy dance for you! That's great news!

califmom said...

Good babysitters are worth MORE than a million dollars!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Now, go get to know them, hire them, and get out of the house for some child-free fun.

Take me with you.